Many of us will be doing even more online shopping for Christmas this year and a lot of that will be through Amazon. So, with linked and shared accounts and packages coming to the door in just days how do you keep Santa’s secrets when ordering from Amazon.
The online shopping giant as several solutions to this holiday problem. They suggest tracking your packages enroute to your home. Try consolidating deliveries so can plan to be home when all the Christmas gifts arrive.
Users can also archive orders online so the order details won’t be obvious to other account users. They also recommend deleting search history if you have some serious holiday gift snoopers in your home.
Amazon now gives users the ability to track the delivery live, in real time on the way to their home so they can send friends or family members to get packages just as they are delivered. Additionally, Amazon is giving delivery estimates down to 2- or 4-hour windows. Users also now receive photos to confirm their packages have safely been delivered.
Finally, users can use Amazon Key to allow packages to be safely placed in their garage.
With Father’s Day just around the corner, we found some top picks for your dad.
Under $100 From Cnet:
- Roku 3 – Has more than 750 channels including Netflix, Amazon Instant, Hulu Plus, Pandora, MLB.TV, Vudu.
- Apple TV – If your dad is an Apple person, this would be the better choice – it has most of the same things as Roku 3 but will also stream from iTunes.
- Seagate Backup Plus – a USB drive that lets dad drag and drop up to 1 TB of data.
- Logitech Harmony 650 universal remote – Program on the web to control up to 5 devices at once. A good gift for a couch potato.
- Dayton Audio B652 bookshelf speakers – They sound great for the low price.
- Amazon Kindle 2012 – At just $69 this has a long-lasting battery and paperlike screen.
- Barnes & Noble Nook Simple Touch (2011) – This offers a touch screen, expansion slot for more memory, long battery life, wi-fi access at Barnes & Noble stores.
- Logitech Wireless Solar Keyboard K760 – This will work with Apple Mac, iPad and iPhone and switch among the devices.
- JBL Flip Bluetooth speaker – compact in design, can be used vertically or horizonatally, has speakerphone capabilities.
For more gift ideas check out:
~ Jody Victor